Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) is committed to preventing and reducing chronic disease statewide. Through cross-sector collaboration, we are activating communities to improve access to and affordability of healthy food, increase opportunities for physical activity where Ohioans live, work and play. By implementing sustainable evidence-based strategies, CHC is creating a culture of health.
2020 Creating Healthy Communities Objectives
The Creating Healthy Communities Program focuses on policy, system, and environment change strategies to help increase access to healthy food as well as increase access to physical activity within target areas of South Toledo, North Toledo, and Lucas County.
2020 Strategies Include
- Increasing access to healthy and affordable food through implementing Food Service Guidelines within an organization, implementing a Client Choice Food Pantry, and assist in facilitating pop-up farmers markets within low income populations.
- Increasing access to physical activity by providing work place active commute support, completion of a county-wide Active Transportation Plan, and completion of a Washington Local Schools Safe Routes to School travel plan.
2020 Healthy Youth and Family Coalition Meetings:
- March 5, 2020: The Ability Center, 5605 Monroe Street, Toledo, OH 43560, 9:00-11:00 am
- June 4, 2020: Larc Lane Center, 1155 Larc Lane, Toledo, OH 43614 , 9:00-11:00 am
- September 3, 2020: Location TBD
- December 3, 2020: The Believe Center, 1 Aurora L Gonzalez, Toledo, OH 43609, 9:00-11:00 am
Meeting Information & Minutes
Ohio Department of Health: Creating Healthy Communities