Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) is committed to preventing and reducing chronic disease statewide. Through cross-sector collaboration, we are activating communities to improve access to and affordability of healthy food, increase opportunities for physical activity, and assure tobacco-free living where Ohioans live, work and play. By implementing sustainable evidence-based strategies, CHC is creating a culture of health.
2018 Creating Healthy Communities Objectives
The Creating Healthy Communities Program focuses on policy, system, and environment change strategies to help increase access to healthy food, increase access to physical activity, and prevent tobacco exposure within target areas of South Toledo, East Toledo, and Central City Toledo.
2018 Strategies Include:
- Increase access to healthy and affordable food through healthy corner stores, workplace lactation support, and through the promotion of Healthy Food and Beverage Guidelines
- Increase access to physical activity through work place active commute support, stakeholder education on the importance of active transportation, and improving playgrounds accessibility through disability inclusiveness
- Increase tobacco-free living through tobacco free policies in multi-unit housing complexes
2018 Healthy Youth and Family Coalition Meetings Dates, Times, and Locations:
- March 1, 2018 at 9:00am-10:30am at Ebeid Institute, 1806 Madison Ave, Toledo, OH 43604
- June 7, 2018 at 9:00am-11:30am at Lagrange Branch Library, 3422 Lagrange St, Toledo OH 43608
- September 6, 2018 at 9:00am-11:30am at Ebeid Institute, 1806 Madison Ave, Toledo, OH 43604
- December 6, 2018 at 9:00am-11:30am at Believe Center, 1 Aurora L Gonzalez, Toledo OH 43609
For more information about the Creating Healthy Communities Program at the state level please visit www.healthy.ohio.gov/chc