Shots 4 Tots began in 1992 with the goal of increasing immunization rates among Lucas County children. The immunization rate has increased from 33% in 1992 to 73% for Toledo children and from 43% to 82% for suburban children in Lucas County.
Shots 4 Tots is an immunization program for children from birth through 18 years of age. Our professional nurses provide immunizations to children at 13 community locations each month.
All Shots 4 Tots n Teens patients MUST present their insurance card and the child’s immunization record at each visit.
Consent to Immunize
The Consent to Immunize form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian if a friend or family member will be bringing your child to a Shots 4 Tots clinic for immunizations.
The goal of the Shots 4 Tots program is to increase the childhood immunization rate to 90% in Lucas County. We will do this through education, and reminding families of the need for timely immunizations. Further, we will make getting immunizations simple and convenient. This helps provide a safer community for everyone by reducing vaccine-preventable diseases.
Shots 4 Tots provides immunizations to children from birth through 18 years of age at 8 community-based locations. All clinics are on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis. Immunizations available for children include:
- Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DTaP/Tdap)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis A (Hep A)
- Hepatits B (Hep B)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Influenza (flu)
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- Meningococcal (meningitis) (MCV)
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia) (PCV)
- Polio (IPV)
- Rotavirus (RV)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
Fee for services
Shots 4 Tots charges a $21.25 administration fee per shot for those whose insurance does not cover any vaccines or for those without any insurance.
Patients are eligible to receive FREE vaccine from the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program if they meet the following criteria:
- Medicaid eligible
- Uninsured (No insurance)
- American Indian/Alaskan Native
- Underinsured- a patient is considered “underinsured” and qualifies for free vaccine under the following situations:
- If the patient has private insurance, but their insurance is capped at a certain amount and the patient has exceeded that cap; .
- If the patient has private insurance, but the insurance does not cover seleted certain vaccines (they are VFC eligible for non-covered vaccines only)
- If a patient has private insurance, but the insurance does not cover vaccines at all
- Patients who must first meet a high deductible, but the insurance covers vaccines, are not considered “underinsured”
- These guidelines are established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Shots 4 Tots will bill those with private insurance. The patient will be responsible for any co-pays and deductibles.
To request a copy of a Shot Record, please complete the Shot Record Request Form and fax it to 419-213-4196.
The Health Department can provide shot records only if the Toledo-Lucas County Health Department or the Shots 4 Tots program provided the immunizations. Other places to check for shot records include the child’s doctor/s; the child’s school/schools; the child’s daycare. If a physician has retired, the record may be in a medical storage facility and can be retrieved, often for a fee.
**The Health Department will not turn away any patient based upon ability to pay. All fees are billed according to a sliding fee scale.**
Disclaimer: In the event of heightened activity, the Shots 4 Tots n Teens staff reserve the right to limit registration at a Shots 4 Tots n Teens Clinic prior to the end of the clinics stated hours.
“Follow My Health” Patient Portal
Toledo-Lucas County Health Department offers an online portal for all patients. Patients can login to the online portal or through it’s mobile app and access the following features all at their fingertips:
- View test results
- Refill prescriptions
- Communicate with physicians
- Request appointments
- Fill out forms prior to visit
- Pay bills
To gain access to the portal, contact us today at 419-213-4209. If you are already a registered member of the portal, you can login here.