This seminar gives staff and volunteers the common language, understanding and tools to prevent and alleviate poverty. Participants increase awareness of how economic class impacts life experience, resources and stability. Customer service and teamwork in business and community settings are improved. This seminar is based on the book Bridges Out Of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities a collaboration between Ruby K. Payne, Philip DeVol, and Terie Dreussi Smith.
- Facilitators: Stephen MacDonald & Phyllis Autry – certified Bridges Out of Poverty trainers
Monday, January 22, 2018
Monday, February 26, 2018
Thursday, March 29, 2018
* These are one-day trainings. Follow the link to the registration form, which provides detailed instructions, and select one of the available training dates. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and training dates are subject to change. Training dates are removed from the registration link when the trainings are full.
- Training Location: In Downtown Toledo, Ohio. You will receive the exact location after you are registered for the training.
- Training Duration: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Arrival/Check In: 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- Registration Link: https://goo.gl/forms/JjOeGseCgv5WDYwK2
- Lunch: Provided
- More Information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (419) 725-0704
- Sponsors: Lucas County Family Council and Lucas County Impact Coalition
- Funding: Made available through Lucas County Job and Family Services, Lucas County Commissioners and Toledo-Lucas County Getting to 1 initiative